Enrich Yourself - Visit a Museum!
Membership cards to the following museums can be borrowed at the North Kingstown Free Library. We will hold a pass for you for up to two hours if it is available. Links to museum websites are provided so be sure to check for hours and exhibits.
- Biomes Marine Biology Center - $2 off per person for regular admission.
- Blithewold Mansion, Gardens & Arboretum - Admits up to 6 people at $5/adult, $1 per 6-17-year-old. Mid-April thru Columbus Day.
- Gilbert Stuart Birthplace & Museum - Allows up to 2 adults and up to 2 children (ages 6 - 12) a discount of 50% off the regular admission price for entry and a tour, May - October
- Historic New England (Society for the Preservation of New England Antiquities) - Free for 2 adults and children under 18
- Note: Most of the Historic New England museums are not open year-round. Click on the links below to find a list of phone numbers so that you can call ahead.
- Historic New England Museum Properties - the library's Historic New England pass offers free admission for 2 adults and their children under age 18
- Museum of Fine Arts, Boston - Admits 2 @ $10 ea.
- Mystic Aquarium - 2 adults and 2 children - $6 off each adult and $4 off each child admission
- Mystic Seaport Museum - 2 adults and 3 children - 50% off the regular admission price
- Newport Art Museum - Free for 2 adults and children under 18
- Plimoth Plantation - Admits 2 adults for $12 each and 2 children for $8 each
- Providence Children's Museum - Half-price admission for up to 4 people
- RISD Museum - Free for 2 adults and children under 18
- Roger Williams Park Zoo - Admits combination of 4, $3 off regular ticket price for each person
- Smith's Castle - Free for 2 adults and 3 children for a regularly scheduled tour, May - Oct.
- South County Museum - Admits up to 4 library patrons, May - Oct.
(Two programs which are designed for families with young children that they offer at the South County Museum are Book in a Basket and Museum Explorer Bookpack. Book in a Basket is an opportunity for adults to check out a basket at the Visitor Center containing a soft fleece blanket and age appropriate books. Find a quiet spot to read to youngsters. There is a grove with picnic tables that is a perfect spot for some quiet time. We have also created the Museum Explorer Bookpack program. Check out a backpack containing a magnifying glass, binoculars, a compass and assorted field guides to complete a scavenger hunt while the family explores the museum exhibits and grounds.)