History Walk: Pleasant Street
Join local historian Tim Cranston for a walk along Pleasant Street and learn the history of some of the buildings. Among the buildings discussed will be the John Updike House, built in 1745, confiscated from its Tory owners during the American Revolution, and restored by Norman Isham in 1920 for Alonzo Cross, inventor of the Cross Pen and Pencil; and the house “Doc” Young built for his bride in 1895. Doc Young took many of the earliest photographs of Wickford at the turn of the last century. Registration is required. Participants will meet at the town dock at the end of Main St.